Photo Restoration Services
PhotoSource specializes in expert photographic restoration. Whether your photos have naturally discolored over time, accidently got bent through the middle of Grandma's face, or were blown away in a hurricane, our restoration artists can make them look as good as - often better than - new! It might look like magic, but that's only because we take so much care to treat your images as one-of-a-kind (because they almost always are)!
Photo Restoration Examples
What Can Be Restored?
Through high resolution scanning and the latest photo editing software, our restoration artists can repair scratches, creases, tears, stains, mold, water damage, burns, faded color, writing, drawing, or virtually any other kind of damage that a photograph can endure. Many times, we can even rebuild parts of a photo that are completely missing if you are able to describe to us what was there originally.
Photo Restoration Pricing
PhotoSource's photo restoration prices are based on your specific image. Our photo restoration artist needs to inspect your image in order to provide an accurate quote to bring your photo back to life. If you have questions or would like to schedule a time to meet with our restoration artist, please contact us.
How Photo Restoration Works
- Deliver your original image to our store at 5106 Louetta Rd (Spring, TX).*
- Our restoration artists will perform a high resolution scan and evaluation of your image to determine key problem areas which can be corrected.
- We will give you several paths (at different price points) that we can pursue towards restoring your image.
- You decide, based on your needs and budget, how extensively you would like us to restore your photo.
- Because archival restoration tends to be meticulous work, we take the time needed to do the job right. If you are looking for fast-food restoration, we suggest you try a different company. (Don't worry! We'll gladly welcome you back after you see what they do to your photos!)
- Choose how you would like your final restored photo delivered. We offer a wide range of printing services and also offer beautiful, custom matting and framing to make your restored photo look outstanding.
More Information About Photo Restoration Services
Since every photo is unique, we can only give you a price estimate after evaluating a high resolution scan of your image.
All of our restoration and retouching work is considered "archival quality." We don't use any automatic settings or tricks. We are PhotoShop wizards and manually correct problems because every image is unique and deserves individual attention. We work to restore and reproduce the quality and characteristics of your original image without losing detail. We strongly discourage customers from trying to save money by having their images restored at discount/drug stores. To keep prices down, these stores typically apply one-size-fits all fixes to images that can severely impact image quality and will not hold up when enlarged.
All of our services are performed on-site, which means your project is safe with us. Most likely the person you speak with when you drop off your order is the person that will be working on your project.
Rush service is available for most of our services. Please contact us first to ensure that we will be able to meet your deadline. Rush orders are subject to a 100% upcharge and a minimum order.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
The Typical Photo Restoration Process
There are typically three to four steps in a typical restoration process:
- High Resolution Scan - Scanning Service Information
- Digital Retouching and Restoration
- Archival Print - Custom Printing Information
- Optional: Custom Mat and Frame - Custom Framing Information